Iran Dismisses Media Claims on Supplying Arms to Terrorists in Egypt’s Sinai Region as Fabricated

Iran Dismisses Media Claims on Supplying Arms to Terrorists in Egypt’s Sinai Region as Fabricated

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran‘s Interest Section Office in Egypt in a statement categorically dismissed the claims by some Arab media that Tehran supplies the terrorists in the Sinai with weapons as mere fabrication.

“The main purpose behind releasing such a video and fabricating such news by Saudi-Zionist media at the current stage of time is to deviate the public opinion of the elites in the Arab and Islamic World from the main ideological, financial, and arms sponsors of the perpetrators of the terrorist and savage explosions at Egyptian churches against innocent citizens,” the statement said.

Iran’s Interest Section in Egypt described the news hype as a measure to deviate attentions from the recent terrorist attacks on Coptic churches in Egypt.

Iran has spared no efforts to fight Takfiri terrorists and to persuade the world to stand against the inhumane activities of the terrorists,” read the statement.

The diplomatic mission issued the announcement on Thursday after some news outlets, which according to the announcement are connected to Saudi Arabia, or affected by the ‘Zionist magazine of Israeli Defense’ instilled the idea that Iran is arming the terrorists in Sinai.

Iran’s Interest Section Office described the video released by the terrorists, which has been used as an evidence for the claim, as suspicious and the claims as ridiculous and false.

“The source of such untrue fabrications is Zionist regime’s Defense magazine and the announcement came as some biased Saudi media had previously spread anti-Iran news from the same source,” it added.

The statement went on to say that the nature of the alliance between “the sinister triangle of Zionist regime, some Arab countries, and Takfiri terrorists, which is determined to create and suspend anarchy and insecurity in the region and the world is to weaken and disintegrate the major Muslim countries of the region and it is now known to everybody”.

“Such baseless and amateur news fabrications or repeating them will never change the bitter and regretful fact that some Arab countries have joined the Zionist regime in bid to sabotage the stability and security of some countries of the region and it highlights the necessity of elites’ and media’s watchfulness not to fall in such media hype of satanic and deceitful nature,” the statement added.

Iran’s Interest Section Office also underlined the Islamic Republic of Iran’s overt, fixed, and permanent stances against terrorist and Zionist groups like the ISIL and its sub-branches in different countries, including Syria, Iraq, and Egypt.

In relevant remarks on Monday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in a phone call with his Egyptian counterpart Sameh Shokri condemned the recent terrorist attacks on two Coptic Christian churches in the North African country.

During the phone conversation, Zarif expressed sympathy with the Egyptian nation and government over the recent terror attacks, and underlined the necessity for stronger campaign against terrorism.

Before the phone talks on Monday, Zarif had also deplored the Sunday terrorist attacks in the Coptic churches in Northern Egypt.

“We condemn the cruel terrorist attack against the Egyptian churches and extend our condolences to the Egyptian brothers,” Zarif wrote in Arabic on his twitter page.

The region is in severe need of unity to confront terrorism and extremism,” he added.

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi had also earlier condemned the terrorist attacks.

“Such criminal measures are planned and implemented in order to incite sectarian strife and create terror and division among followers of divine religions,” Qassemi said on Sunday.

“We resolutely condemn any act of aggression against religious sites and gatherings and targeting of defenseless civilians under any pretext and with any motivation,” the Iranian foreign ministry spokesman added.

Qassemi also sympathized with the Egyptian government, nation and the bereaved families over the “disgraceful and abominable crime”.

The Iranian foreign ministry spokesman stressed the importance of cooperation and vigilance among regional governments and nations to thwart such plots.

In the first of the twin attacks in Egypt on Sunday, at least 27 people were killed and 78 others injured after a bomb went off inside St. George’s Church in the Nile Delta city of Tanta.

A few hours later, a terrorist rushed towards St. Mark’s Cathedral in the coastal city of Alexandria, the historic seat of Christendom in Egypt, killing at least 16 people and wounding 41 others, the Interior Ministry said.

Later on Sunday, the ISIL terrorist group released a statement via Amaq news agency, which is affiliated with the terrorist outfit, claiming responsibility for both church bombings in the Arab country.

Egypt has been facing violence due to terrorist attacks across the country in the past years with terrorists taking advantage of the turmoil caused in the country after its first democratically-elected president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted by the military in July 2013.

 

 

 

 

Source: ISNA