More than a dozen Israeli troops killed in 24 hours 

[ad_1]

TEHRAN- The Palestinian resistance in the Gaza Strip has killed more than one dozen Israeli troops in less than 24 hours. 

In a statement, the Israeli military announced the names of eleven soldiers that it said had been killed during heavy clashes with the Palestinian resistance near the northern Gaza Strip. 

It added that 17 others have been injured, with four in serious condition. But it declined to reveal what rank they belonged to. 

In a separate statement earlier, the regime announced the names of another two troops among the rank of its Givati Brigade, who were killed during clashes with Hamas, adding that two others had sustained serious injuries. 

The statement failed to provide any information about the location of the casualties. It is widely believed that the Israeli army has dispatched its most elite troops to Gaza. 

The latest deaths bring the total number of Israeli troops killed since the outbreak of the current war to at least 328.

Addressing the latest loss of Israeli soldiers, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke of “a difficult war” and “painful losses”.

In a post on social media, the Israeli minister of war, Yoav Gallant, said the regime’s land operations against Hamas “are a hard and painful blow”. 

He added that “unfortunately” the occupation’s war on Gaza and “fighting deep in the Gaza Strip exacts a heavy price”. 

In remarks made earlier, he spoke of the war on Gaza and how “the prices in the last day were heavy prices”.

A day earlier, Palestinian resistance factions stated they had engaged in fierce clashes with the invading forces and targeted them in ambushes and traps, while restricting any Israeli military advances to agricultural areas and the separation wall.

Hamas has published a new video showing what it says are their fighters confronting Israeli forces.

The footage was filmed west of the Erez settlement. 

The video shows Hamas fighters, carrying rocket launchers, are moving in short and quick steps through the shrubs and small trees.

Gunfire can be heard being exchanged as the resistance fighters rush over the sandy shrubland.

The footage then cuts away to show what appears to be the impact of a rocket being fired. 

Another shot depicts an aerial view showing the occupation troops and several tanks mobilized in the desert.

Erez is a settlement in southwest occupied Palestine, located nearly a kilometer from the Gaza separation wall.

It was one of the sites targeted by Hamas in the al-Aqsa Storm Operation on October 7. 

Palestinian missiles continue to rain down on Israeli military points and settlements. 

Rockets fired from Gaza toward the Israeli settlement of Ashdod injured four settlers, according to the regime’s officials. 

A man was taken to the hospital in a serious condition with shrapnel injuries, Israeli rescue services claimed. Three other men suffered injuries from glass shards.

In a verified video, damaged cars and debris can be seen. 

Scores of rockets are being launched from the totally blockaded Gaza every day. The intensity of the barrages, on many occasions, has prevented the Israeli Iron Dome system from living up to its much-claimed accuracy rate. It regularly fails to intercept the incoming missiles. 

Sirens sounded in Askelon, Ashdod, and other southern Israeli settlements.

Global anger continues to rise as images of the scenes at the Jabalia refugee camp, where hundreds of people have been killed and injured in Israeli airstrikes, show people are still searching for casualties. 

Gaza’s health ministry said six bombs struck the area. 

The armed wing of Hamas has said seven detainees, including foreigners, were killed as a result of the Israeli massacre at Jabalia. 

The resistance group said three of the detainees were foreigners. 

“The al-Qassam Brigades announce the killing of seven of its civilian detainees in the Jabalia massacre, including three holders of foreign passports,” it wrote on social media. 

It puts a dent in the regime’s key goals of its ground invasion to “bring hostages home safely”. 

It is not the first time Israeli airstrikes have killed the hostages being held by Hamas, which has expressed its readiness to free all civilian detainees but says the indiscriminate Israeli bombing is preventing the group from doing so.

The Jabalia refugee camp is located at the northern end of the Gaza Strip and is one of the most densely populated places on Earth.

On Wednesday the regime’s warplanes bombed the camp again, leading to “dozens of Palestinians martyrs and many others injuries”, according to the Gaza health ministry. 

In the south, people looked on as an excavator cleared rubble after a residential building was hit by Israeli bombardment in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip. Rafah is one of the areas the Israeli military has ordered residents to evacuate. 

The regime has once again cut off internet and phone connections across the Gaza Strip, adding to the strict entry of water, food, medicine?, fuel, and other essential supplies. 

The Israeli military says it has waged more than 11,000 airstrikes on the Gaza Strip since the beginning of the current war on October 7. 

Palestinian civilians, in particular children and women, are paying the price of these bombing campaigns.

The Palestine Solidarity Campaign says, “A child is being killed every 10 minutes.”

The Israeli massacre is drawing the wrath of regional and international bodies as well as countries. 

Yemen has claimed responsibility for a salvo of long-range missile and drone attacks that targeted the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories on Tuesday. 

A spokesperson for the Ansarullah government in Sana’a said, “Our forces have launched a batch of ballistic and cruise missiles at Israeli targets in the occupied Palestinian territories.”

It is believed to be the third such attack since the latest war on Gaza began. 

In a blow to the image of the United Nations, a senior UN human rights official has resigned in protest of the organization’s handling of the situation in Gaza, where he said “a genocide [is] unfolding before our eyes”.

Craig Mokhiber, the director of the New York office of High Commissioner for Human Rights, wrote in his resignation letter that it had become “painfully clear” that the UN had failed in its duty “to meet the imperatives of prevention of mass atrocities, of protection of the vulnerable, and of accountability for perpetrators”. 

He added, the current wholesale slaughter of the Palestinian people, rooted in an ethno-nationalist settler colonial ideology, in continuation of decades of their systematic persecution and purging, based entirely upon their status as Arabs … leaves no room for doubt or debate… Across the land, Apartheid rules.”

The situation in Gaza “is a text-book case of genocide,” he continued, with the aim of the “expedited destruction of the last remnants of indigenous Palestinian life in Palestine”. 

He further pointed out, “What’s more, the governments of the United States, the United Kingdom, and much of Europe, are wholly complicit in the horrific assault.”

This comes as Bolivia has severed diplomatic ties with the Israeli regime after condemning its “crimes against humanity”. 

Other Latin American countries have expressed their outrage at the disproportionate Israeli force being used against the civilians of Gaza. Chile and Colombia have recalled their ambassadors from Israel.

 

[ad_2]
This news has been collected from reliable news agencies in the country. Click to enter the source.

Source link