Israeli airstrike on Jabaliya refugee camp in Gaza leaves at least 200 Palestinians dead, mostly women and c


At least 200 Palestinians, mostly women and children, have been killed after Israeli airstrikes hit the Jabaliya refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, amid the regime’s ongoing bombing campaign against the besieged territory.  

Gaza’s health ministry announced the death toll on Tuesday, adding that at least 150 others have been wounded in the strikes.

However, the Palestinian interior ministry said the strikes had left 400 dead or wounded in total.

Iyad al-Bazum, interior ministry spokesperson, also noted that US-made bombs have targeted residential homes causing a “massacre,” adding that an entire residential complex had been destroyed in the attack.

“These buildings house hundreds of citizens. The occupation’s air force destroyed this district with six US-made bombs. It is the latest massacre caused by Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip,” he said, calling on the international community “to act immediately to stop Israel before it is too late.”

Video footage from the camp showed buildings completely leveled to the ground, and panicked Palestinian residents could be seen carrying wounded children away from the scene or searching for survivors.

On October 7, the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas launched its biggest operation against Israel in years in a surprise offensive, dubbed Operation Al-Aqsa Storm, in response to the occupying regime’s intensified crimes against the Palestinian people.

Since then, Israel has pressed ahead with a relentless bombardment of Gaza. The death toll in Gaza since the start of Israeli aggression has reached nearly 8,800 with more than 21,048 wounded.

Tel Aviv has also blocked water, food, and electricity to Gaza, plunging the besieged territory into a humanitarian crisis.

On Friday, the UN General Assembly overwhelmingly passed a resolution, calling for the implementation of an immediate “humanitarian truce” in Gaza.

The vote at the General Assembly came after the United Nations Security Council failed four times to take action due to the US recurrently casting its veto against relevant resolutions.


This news has been collected from reliable news agencies in the country. Click to enter the source.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *