Hezbollah’s Deputy Secretary General Sheikh Naim Qassem says the Lebanese movement is at the core of the regional resistance campaign to defend the blockaded Palestinian territory of Gaza Strip against the ongoing Israeli aggression.
In a post published on social media on Tuesday, Sheikh Qassem said that Hezbollah has its “finger on the trigger” to whatever extent it deems necessary to defend Gaza and to face off the occupiers of Palestine.
He said the United States and Europe should be held accountable for the atrocities committed by the Zionist regime of Israel against children and women in Gaza.
His remarks come as Hezbollah fighters have been trading fire across Lebanon’s border with the Israeli occupied territories since earlier this month when Israel launched its assaults on Gaza.
Hezbollah has warned that it will join the Palestinian resistance group Hamas and its allies in the fight against Israel if the regime escalates its aggression on Gaza and in case foreign military forces intervene to help the Israeli regime in the battle.
The confrontation in Gaza erupted on October 7 after Hamas launched Operation Al-Aqsa Storm against Israeli settlers and military forces, killing some 1,400 of them.
Qassem said Operation Al-Aqsa Storm inflicted an “unforgettable defeat” on the Israeli regime.
He said, however, that Israel’s aggression was an unforgettable defeat for humanity because the US and its allies in Europe supported the Israeli regime’s aggression and savagery in Gaza.
More than 5,700 people have been killed and over 18,000 injured in less than three weeks of Israeli attacks on Gaza.
This news has been collected from reliable news agencies in the country. Click to enter the source.